Old 02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by waltnut
Miranda,

Thanks for the reply. Mine did not come with any thread. That is why I am unsure about what to buy. I have read posts on other sites that said You need to be careful because not all threads will fit in the cassettes for this particular machine.

Can I use regular size thread when I am sewing or quilting? The kind I would use in my non embroidery sewing machine.

Thanks
Mine came with one spool of white embroidery thread.
Whatever kind of machine embroidery thread you decide to use, make sure to wind a bobbin with the same thing and use it in the bottom and top. I got a bunch of bobbins on eBay for cheap. You will need SA156 size. I wind one for each spool...it will mess it up big time (or it did mine) if you use a different one in the bottom bc sometimes they are different size/content.

When doing regular sewing on the machine, you can use regular thread.

I got a lot of my embroidery thread from eBay. I bought several spools at once. Much cheaper that way. They are the cone-type spools like you get at WM for over $4 each.

Another thread I really like to use is the smaller spools of variegated machine embroidery thread from WM.

Using the extra thread spool pin instead of putting the thread in the cartridge is really no big deal. It's a little more annoying, but really it's fine. :D

Good luck!