View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 AM
Lady Diana

I suspect Singer would love to have the rumor out that Janome makes their machines! NOT. Janome does not make Singer machines. I would strongly suggest that you look at the Janome line. There are numerous machines that will not break the bank that will do all the things you need. If you quilt a lot and have the budget, the 6600 is a real workhorse. The new 8900 is also a gem. I have owned Janomes for decades. They make quality machines for a reasonable price. Make a list of your needs and go shopping on line to look at everything. Brubakers in Holland PA are a dream to work with. Allbrands.com is another source for all kinds of machines and the Janomes. If you want the auto thread cutter, great for piecing, the 3160 is a great little machine. If you are looking for a machine that will handle all kinds of quilting, the 6600 has everything. If you want to spend several thousand plus, the 8900 would be my choice. So, your needs, and budget will tell you which one is best. Quality and durability should prevail in your search. Best wishes in your quest. Diana