View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 09:27 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
It is late and I am looking at the one I did tonight, I have even sewed on the buttons, which is saying a lot for me. I was thinking if it were smaller than the 3 inches, wouldnt it be more boxy, rather than tall and slender. I have to think about this before I try another one, least of all calculation of a size to tuck a wine bottle into. Thanks again.
On making one for a specific item it might be a good idea to play with pinning the seam to see what happens. To answer our question, yes, the smaller the corner measurement the boxier the box it would be. In order to wrap around a wine bottle you might also need to make your square a little bigger. Try using tissue paper and pins to see how much larger you would need to make it. I don't think you would have to go much larger but 15" might not be quite enough.

An added note: when you measure from the corner to 3" in, the length of that line that you sew becomes the height of your box.

I hope you will post a photo when you get it worked out. Please post a photo of the one you do have finished. Everyone always loves seeing them.