Old 12-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Vanogay

Well, I just got back from my early Christmas - a trip to visit my sister. She lost her husband last summer and hasn't really celebrated much of anything since. She is moving into one of her 'other' houses (she's one of those 'land barons' that owns more than 2 houres - I think she owns 4 or 5, I'm not sure) Anyway, she needs a nouse without stairs, so is moving into this other house. We went to see her and celebrate an early Christmas so she can move right after the holidays. Had a great time, but did eat out more than usual and had dessert twice while there. I'll know more tomorrow morning when I weigh. I'm hoping it isn't too bad. Sounds like, even with a weight loss here, I would not have enough for those batiks. But, I'll console myself that a loss is a loss!!
I read all the older posts and tried to catch up with what everone has been doing. Thanks to all of you who has posted tips for coping with the holiday stresses (and yess, desserts backwards is stressed!). I've been so bad with posting the Terrific Tuesday tips, I'll really have to get back with it... GO back and reread that posting about handling yourself at a holiday gathering - eat a bit before you go and Don't stand near the snack table while you're visiting - cause you will nibble. We're going to a friends on Christmas Day for steaks. I'm not much on beef, so I will take some chicken with me and throw it on his grill with the steaks - may even keep me to my diet better! Tomorrow I really need to go to the sewing room and start cleaning. I have this thing about having a clean house for the coming new year - I need to get busy. Have a very blessed Christmas everyone and enjoy your time off all of you who are off from work.