Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
adyldrop

Default Two Christmas presents finished in time for my mother-in-law

She's one of the few that have actually asked me for something and since i have limited time with a toddler and another due in Spring i stopped making things for anyone but me unless they ask or i know beyond doubt it will be appreciated. My goal was to make a name banner for our good friend's second child and these 2 projects. I finished all so i've allowed myself to begin cutting the fabric that i bought over 10 years ago and been hoarding waiting for my daughter. The table runner is almost 80" long and was what my MIL requested for her table after seeing my mini one i had made. I switched out a few fabrics on hers and made hers more red as opposed to mine being more blue. Both are patriotic seminole patchwork. I hand quilted because that's all i do. The Christmas wall hanging i am not happy with. I bought 2 panels and both have misprints in the text and were terribly skewed. I put so much time into the hand quilting of it, the crosshatched backgrounds on all 3 parts of the panels, outlining all the red work print with stitching and metallic gold stars in the checkerboard border. Took forever to get the checkerboard perfect and it still looks so skewed. I hate that i Spent so much time over something i am not proud of and will never buy a panel again. I'm sticking with my hand drawn appliqué and embroidery accents from here on out.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg