View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 06:30 PM
jillnjo

I have had the Horizon 7700 for 3 years and used it lots of hours. It has not given me the first problem, yet. I have taught many FMQ classes and seen lots of different machines in my classes. Honestly, most all of them will FMQ quite well. The huge advantage to the 7700 is the harp space, which is more than the other Janome machines. Except the new 8900, which is very expensive and not a good choice for someone not using the embroidery option. I am sorry the company has not kept the larger harp space on a machine without the embroidery part. ( Unless I am mistaken). Consider carefully the exact things you want and don't be talked into lots of extras if they only cost extra money. That said, I love a machine that has the scissors option and I love being able to lift the presser foot with my kneelift! It makes FMQing easier as your hands are both free. Another good option and will be well used is the expanded table, if you do not set your machine in a cabinet. They come with many larger machines and can be ordered extra, also. Best of luck in deciding and buying a new sewing machine!