View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
CarolynMT

Default My Christmas Stockings Saga and Results

I was inspired by the ladies here who made absolutely stunning stockings with their long arm quilting on them and another member who made the cutest elf curly toe stockings last year. But I did not want to be filling large stockings (it is just my grown son, 2 grown brothers and myself here) So I made small ones.

Last week while at my long arm club meeting I picked up several fat quarters of christmas fabrics, and the only color that blended with all of them was a black, it is moda's sueded black. Off I went to brothers house so they could pick out the print fabrics for the cuffs.

Last saturday, I drew out the cutest curled toe stockings on the black, loaded it up on long arm, stitched out very adorable stockings, cut them out, cut out the print fabric (for lining and cuff) then sewed one together, tried to turn it and couldnt they were too small to turn sigh. I dejectedly put them aside in a plastic bag and into the depths of my closet, suppose I will make a wall hanging with cute elf feet at some point in the next year.....or pass them on to someone else who would want them. (still mad at them for not working)

I debated all night, these 2 weeks around christmas are my vacation time, I ONLY work on projects for myself. Since I tend to put my stuff aside to make things for everyone else. Now these stockings, which by this time I have bought stuffings for and am not in the mood to wrap tiny things. So I decide to go ahead and make new ones.

I loaded up the remaining black fabric, drew out slightly bigger with regular rounded toes, and went to town on them. I have to say, I am glad I went for it, they turned out adorable! I free handed all the stitching, was too lazy to break out the rulers and table to do 3ins of stitching So without further ado, here they are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453064[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453065[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453066[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]453067[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_5383_zps87701711.jpg   img_5384_zpsafeeff28.jpg   img_5382_zps5f26dab1.jpg   img_5381_zps1aaf0356.jpg