View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:34 AM
nhweaver

Default 2014 Quilting Resolutions?

As the house is all ready for my Christmas Eve guests, I just sat down in my sewing room and started thinking about 2014. I have to do a baby girl quilt (by February), 2 grand daughter quilts (college/high school grads) by May next year. And started thinking about the problems I had with quilting in 2013. To help me enjoy quilting more (for me) I made some important decisions (resolutions)

1.) Organize my notions, they are all over in different drawers, tubs, bags - I have doubles, triples of everything it seems.

2). I am overwhelmed by fabric abundance, so I am going to put together quilt kits in "dollar store" tubs. Put all the bags of scraps into 2 medium tubs, the rest of the scraps I will let go. Then I will put all large 5 yards or more fabric on boards to make it easier to see potential backings.

3). Buy extra bobbins, and when I put together a project, wind 6 or 7 bobbins and put them and the spool of thread with the fabric.

4). I am going to give myself "permission" (silly but I have to do this) to have 4 or 5 quilting projects going at the same time. Maybe this will prevent me from getting bored with a project and creating more UFO's.

5). I will buy no new fabric unless it is for a project (baby girl quilt). (Ongoing fabric moratorium - first resolution usually broken).

Any suggestions for me to add,

What are your quilting resolutions for 2014?