View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Barb in Louisiana

All of the above. haha

Seriously, I think my inner brat just will not let me make a resolution and keep it. She is a thoroughly rebellious little girl and can make my life miserable. My response to her, in the coming year, is to pick a UFO (any of about 40) and finish them, one at a time. Some only need binding, some need the blocks put together, some have had only a few seams sewn before something new and more interesting came between me and them. My long arm sits there idle while several quilts long to merge with their battings and backings and be beautiful. I have all the tools but my inner brat keeps bringing me new things to work on. She has to be banished! Anyone got any ideas?

I started quilting several years ago with the lofty goal to quilt something for each of my grandchildren. I've only managed 2 out of 8. Not a good average and now I've got some weddings coming up, some graduations I want to honor with a quilt and several quilts promised to other people that are important to me. And a new Judy Niemeyer kit, Bali Wedding Star that is calling my name. I'm going to have to name my inner brat just so I can tell her to get LOST! Leave me alone!

Part of my problem is I don't won't to make a quilt I don't love, and if I love it, I'm not sure I can give it away. If I never finish them, then I never have to make the decision of who gets what and where it will go. How do you overcome this? Am I just to darn selfish? Probably so. I shall pray for God to help me let go and trust that someone else will love my quilt as much as I love it.

Oh, and there are several quilting groups on this board that I want to join.... 50 state stars, the Spikey blocks, the medallion club. Does it ever end?

Merry Christmas to all....... I'm off to the sewing room!

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 12-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.