View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
It is very similar to the cover of the latest Quilty magazine. I am just beginning to cut my HST. Think I need to make 160 of these suckers !! YIKES. I might just made one color then go onto to something else and do a few every other day and hopefully I will be done before I realize it.
This quilt came together SO FAST for me I thought!! I timed myself on sewing a block together @ 11 min./bl x 5 bl./row = 55 min./row x 6 rows = 6 hours and you're done!! There were 270 HST's in my quilt! I cut 5 squares each of 2 contrasting fabrics and chainsewed 2-3 blocks at a time, cut them apart and sewed the blocks. Making 6 blocks a day means you're done in 5 days! That's only 1 hour of sewing time if everything's been prepped first! You'll have 1 HST left over or 30 in all for another mini quilt! The quick way to get through this quilt is by not cutting it all at once, but by doing 2-3 blocks at a time. Draw the line down the back's center and sew on each side of the line, cut them apart, and voila -- 27 HST's done quickly saving time and thread.

Haven't seen the latest issue of Quilty I don't think but the pattern makes a great looking scrappy or one in solids! I think the key is in not cutting the hst's first, but joining squares RST and sewing seams down ea side. At any rate, I can't wait to see your quilt!! Hope it comes together quickly for you!

I love moving blocks around when I'm done, but I was limited by this block and could only swap out blocks that were in rows 1, 3 and 5 with each other and only those in rows 2, 4 and 6 with each other so you might want to keep that in mind. Looking forward to seeing your creation sometime! Thank you, ManiacQuilter2!!