View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 05:22 AM
Elisabrat

I think 4.5 and 6.5 will be the prevailing border sizes. so divisible by these makes it pretty easy. Its truly hard to find a block that is 3.5 inches to make and repeat. Unless one is doing a solid strip to break things up a bit then it could be any size. The cool thing about this quilt along is that 1) you can make any block you chose to fit in the center. I will post an option or two if your stuck wondering what the heck to make but it is a free for all as your design. yippee! you can also just use a panel if you cut it to say 12.5 or 24.5. If your feeling extremely adventurous make it bigger and you will be quilting day and night! or make it rectangular as some are chosing to do again make it easy to use those size blocks in your outside border or you will be doing some magical figuring on how to make things fit with extra little blocks and such. ok now that we have that fun part done here is part 2 that makes this so great: get ready here it is.. each month there will be a posting by both Jaba and myself on the border we are SUGGESTING you use. one will be easy *mine and one will be a bit more complicated *jaba's. AND if that isn't exciting enough lol you can say heck with it I am going maverick this month and doing my own darned thing. The big key is we are all sewing on a project of similar origins but completely our own quilts. how cool is that??? so if you are on the fence I say get your tail off it and jump on over to ourside! we will have lots of fun, grand chatter and stunning pictures to share. so give your fabric a once over and start imagining the possibilities. and horror or all horrors if you need to go to the local quilt shop for inspiration and oh my gosh.. shopping! well off to get ready for a couple tests.. if I pass these last three tests I qualify for the Denver transplant list. OH YEAH!