View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:27 AM
JenF

I just picked up "icicle stars" quilt kit by them and although I love the picture and the fabrics are gorgeous I'm disappointed in what they're calling this "layered patchwork technique." I wish they called it raw edge appliqué that looks like patchwork so I would have had a better idea what I was getting.
I don't think I'm going to like this. Worried it will look like I'm cheating. Actually, to be perfectly honest, I feel like I've been cheated as the picture doesn't show enough detail to see the raw edges and its a quilt kit so I expected directions to make regular quilt squares. I couldn't see the "technique" till I purchased the kit and its not returnable. I think Kansas Trouble Quilters should have included regular block making directions and then included the "featured technique" as additional directions for this as an option. There words INSIDE the pattern book describe the technique explaining "We all need a quick quilt sometimes," but doesn't give a clue that its a shortcut fast type of technique on the outside.

Thinking I'm going to try to convert it into true blocks and sew it that way. I'd love to hear thoughts from someone who's done one of this technique before and how they liked the finished product. I'm guessing its cute, but not what I wanted or expected.

Last edited by JenF; 12-27-2013 at 07:44 AM.