Old 12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
quiltingcandy

My 4 yo nephew went to the fabric store with his mother one day and he found the Star Wars fabric which was green and showed the plans of making the Death Star and other items. He was carrying the bolt around trying to convince his mother he needed this fabric for a blanket. My niece was busy making Halloween costumes at the time and really wanted to surprise him. So I found the fabric and made him a very basic quilt, using 1 1/2 yards as a panel in the middle, put a frame around it, then more of the Star Wars fabric to border that and then bound it with the same color as the framing fabric. That was it kept his fabric intact and he got his blanket. According to my niece he was so happy. He thought she wasn't going to do it. I was afraid if I cut up the fabric too much it would destroy what he really liked about it. The quilting was wound around the items in the fabric. I did something similar for a friend of mine that is a big SF 49'ers fan. She goes to the games so felt she needed something durable that could fold up for her to sit on and warm enough to unfold and put over her. She told me it sits on her couch all year long though so it won't get damaged by other fans.