Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Alas!! here I am!!!

What a week ... power off, then back on, then off, and has stayed on since Monday. Then I really had to get the pedal to the metal to get my exchange gift finished and the rest of Christmas "readying" completed. By yesterday I was ready for a day off, and pretty much did that!

There's been more snow every day/night and that has continued to cause more outages, as the weight of the ice then the snow was too much. Now they are fearing for tonight, as the expect high winds.

I am thankful for the short time that mine was out (almost 24 hrs, then another 6), in comparison to those who six days later have not been reconnected. Have often thought, thank goodness I was still not on the farm with cows to be milked, chores to be done (like OKSGlad)... though there, we had a generator, so virtually never were without power! There are still many in my area without hydro. It has been noted in the media as one of the trouble areas of rural Ontario that are just not getting back to normal.

So with patience, we can endure all things .......... though I am hoping to not have to endure another round tonight! There is no sign of a meltdown anytime soon ... so patience, my dears, if I disappear again!

JeanieG ... your potatoes were a hit! Peeled and chopped them on Tuesday. (Yes I know the recipe says unpeeled, but skins were just too tough to leave on.) Then started the crock at 6am to have ready for me to leave for the noon meal. Travelled well ... and yes, they will be a regular in my kitchen repertoire now! Hope your Grand is doing OK after his tumble. How did the siblings like their tree quilts? Did you get a photo of your completions?

JanRN ... both Rosies are fantastic!!! And here you are talking about longer days, warm weather ..... and spring!!

MiraB .... oooooooooooh for your Bargello Beauty! So, did you get your batteries for Christmas? I feel for you without the internet, having just gone thru that. I'm sure you can relate with how many times I went to the computer and then say, duhhhhhhhhh!! Eventually, I got away from that!

MiraBsDD ... maybe time to get your Mom "into" an iPhone, so she does not get withdrawal? So good that you are there to help with her smoke signals! Have been wondering how much sewing you two did during your Christmas visit? Did you get your DBro sewing with the two of you, after MrMiraB flew off?

QNSue ... How nice to see your treadle. Love the contrast with your modern machine behind it! I'll be watching to see what the huskies deliver to me!

DublB ... hopefully you are feeling better! Unlike the others, I will not suggest that your DS quit smoking ... you can't change her. Though it might be time for you to just say, I cannot visit you!!

Anael ... glad to see Isa is a fashionista with her "bling" sweater! Sweet pics of all three. So how is your Rosie doing?

Ladies .... a Late Merry Christmas to each of YOU from me ........ enjoy this holiday season, whether at home or on the roam. I always try to just do what I want to do for the week ... and not get into any "work" projects, whether the paying type or work around my home (other than the necessities). Of course, you can pretty much guess what that might be for me!