Old 12-27-2013, 03:33 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Since I am going with Quilting on the Square with Dear Jane, maybe, just maybe, I can find an answer for you JanRN. I get my first package around the middle of January....I can hardly wait to see how they explain each block and how to do it...and where they start for the DJ. If I am in the 'groove' I can do a good Y seam, if I am not, forget it!''

JeanieG I am so impressed with your wall hanging! Beautiful.

Anael, make a big yellow sun to hang on your wall when it rains too much for you. Let it lift your spirits and smile at you. Make it on paper or with fabric as a wall hanging.

QuiltE, welcome back, you were missed! Hope Janie made it home for the holidays. Quiltsville blog (Bonnie Hunter) in Burlington talked about how terrible the ice storm was there....how the ice broke down trees and power lines. I am following her 'clues' for her mystery quilt...but not making them right now.

My new glasses balance my left and right eye, so I finally can see and sew. Hope to get started in the quilt room tomorrow. Picked up chicken feed and cat feed today, and yes, I stopped at the the LQS, sigh. Picked up a rainbow of colors for the 50 stars...will try to put one together tomorrow. I can finally read, also, and picked up a few good titles today. How many know Earlene Fowler's quilt stories? She also has released a Benny Harper Quilt Patterns book, designs used in her book series. Have kept about half of her books, and have the pattern book.

Also have all of Debbie Macomber series on Cedar Cove, and her Angels on Earth series, and her Knitting series, and her Cookbook of Cedar Cove. Janet Evanovick, Stephanie Plum series, from one to twenty and several Nora Robert books. Catherine Coulter's FBI books of suspense. Fern Michaels Sisterhood series, group of women who plot and get revenge against the 'bad' men who did them wrong, and they get away with it. Carolyn Brown series on the Texas' Honky Tonk Bar and Dance Saloon' , the seven different women who inherited the business and found true love, with lots of laughter in every novel; including "Darn Good Cowboy Christmas". Emily Brightwell who writes English mysteries Mrs. Jeffries series....Mrs. Jeffries Forges Ahead is a later title. Stay warm and healthy, enjoy quilting and reading.