View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 04:59 AM
Elisabrat

Mom-6 thanks

I had a liver transplant 1.5 yrs ago both liver and kidney failed me. they hoped my kidneys would come back but they did not so now I have hopes of receiving a new kidney so I can get my tail off dialysis and spend more time sewing!! I am so lucky to be alive I feel every day is a gift.. some days I get pooped out sorry and you might not see me but Jaba is my right hand so she will be leaping with glee (she will kick me for that) at the opportunity to jump in. Lucky all of us

ok I believe there was someone here who wanted to use perhaps a 12.5 x 24.5 center .. you can certainly do this but you might end up with one seriously long vs width quilt. It would be unusually long and not too wide. I would suggest if you use this center you find a way to widen that center up. perhaps a strip on each side that turns it to 18.5 wide this will make a more useful quilt I think. just my opinion but if you go back to the first page I think where Jaba shows how the quilt sizes go up with each round.. you will see that that size would present perhaps a problem for you. just my thoughts its your quilts please use what you like in the middle just beware of incremental size increases 4.5 or 6.5 inches each side each month..