View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Cool Dated stash

Some beautiful posted quilts are on here. Leave it up to quiltermomma to know her yardage of stash. I think you are super organized. I love how to snowman and dress quilts came out. The backsides of the quilts are as beautiful as the front. Amazing quilting on the dress quilt.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok we need to continue this for sure next year. I want to kill my stash before its outdated. no point storing fabric for years that no one would want anything made out of as its no longer the in style. of those.
All my true stash is out dated. I have more then several boxes of fabric that are well past vintage. I received them from other quilters. My dilemma is that I have no real $ at the moment to buy new fabric and will most likely not for possibly forever. This is why for now I am hanging onto it. We, DD 16 and I, did make some stockings with it and I used the fabric to finish 2 quilts made of swap blocks. A lot of the fabric is from the 1970-80 and 90ies. Can I be hopeful that some of it will come back in? Just from the calicoes I have a whole bin filled.

I really like the backing fabric from the blue quilt. My 15 yr old DD, the recipient of the blue snowflake quilt, thought so too.
Attached Thumbnails 014-custom-.jpg   012-custom-.jpg   016-custom-.jpg   020-custom-.jpg   019-custom-.jpg