Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK - so I am reviewing my DJ chart that comes with the software where I have inserted all of my Jane blocks and realized I was missing two block pictures, which means I never posted them here either....
Here is L13 ... I made this block the same method I used to sew B3 - I thought I had written explicit instructions for that block but apparently had not. If you can follow me, go ahead and use my method but I am a mathematician and use some obscure ways to save fabric [because I'm also obsessively thrifty with fabric....waste not]
1. I cut two 3 1/4" squares of each fabric - background and print - and made a four patch.
2. I cut the center circle adding a 1/4" seam all the way around the finished size, being very careful about making sure the point where the four squares met was exactly in the center.
3. I pinched the seams of the remaining 4-patch with the circle cut out of it & took an additional seam of roughly 1/4" so that the center circle could be turned a quarter turn and appliqued on top of it.
4. I trimmed the finished circle on a square into a circle 1/4" wider all the way around the finished circle [slightly less than 5" diameter] and lastly
5. Appliqued the entire piece onto a 5 1/4" background square, which I then trimmed down to 5" after applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453854[/ATTACH]again - if it sounds too confusing - simply use the method you prefer or check out the thatquilt.com site.

and Here's M3 - yes that one was a little bit of a bear Anael [get to sleep tonight????] I basically cut all pieces and sewed that one together by hand
[ATTACH=CONFIG]453855[/ATTACH]
man do they ever look off! I think I need to press them because those diamonds are not that uneven!
Gus
Attached Thumbnails djl13.jpg   djm3.jpg