Old 12-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Rodney

Originally Posted by applique View Post
I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??
I'd be happy to partner up w/ Debbie. I really want to see applique up close. It's one of the things I'm interested in learning more about. Seeing the back side will help me learn more too. I also qualify in the tight budget department but a lap quilt won't be a problem.
Debbie, I have neuropathy in my feet from chemo so I have some understanding of what you're going thru though hands would be far worse. I hope your treatment is successful and that you're doing well.
One thing though, I'm a beginner at quilting so while I'll do my best perfection isn't going to happen. I've seen a lot of truly beautiful quilts on this board and I'm just a bit intimidated.
Rodney

Last edited by Rodney; 12-30-2013 at 09:49 AM.