Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

I was lucky as a child to be encouraged to read...that's why I became a librarian, to encourage the junior high age to read. Never was bored one day of 37 years of work in five states. Loved them all, felt privilege to know them and their take on the world. Love to cook and that's why I collect recipes; willing to try something new.

My love of quilting was started with my DGM's treadle machine, then took the back seat as I gained my education, raised a family, and worked full time. Then in 1972, commercial stores put Christmas out before Halloween. I told my DH, I cannot see us teaching our children the true meaning of Christmas and gifts without making them ourselves, and not buy one commercial gift. He agreed, and we started various crafts each year: ceramic, leather working, and finally, quilting. We taught all three children how to quilt, and those that wanted to: crochet, knitting and computer programming at home. (Dh did the latter) Even did some upholstering together.

But through all the crafts, I collected books on the subject...particularly the quilting. I reckon I have enough quilt patterns to last through four lifetimes. With only one lifetime, I gotta get busy and enjoy them more. And I am not saying I will get both DJ finished on time, but they will be there waiting for me as I can get around to it.