View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 12:49 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

HA, I knew it, you are my sistas from another mista. lol Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know that life goes on. I have heard of cheese substitutes but that doesn't even SOUND right. Who knows, maybe I can add a little cheese back later. sigh Geesh, I should feel ashamed for my woe-is-me attitude with all that Brat has to deal with.

On the quilty side I had me a good laugh last night. Posted it on the main board. WHAT WAS I THINKING? But it shows how much I have learned.

I also signed up for the Craftsy "Finishing" Class with Mimi Dietrich and finished a community service quilt last night that started as leftover 4" patches from another project. Made the center but found it too small and non-descript. Then I pulled the striped fabric from my stash and added the border. I really like how it came out. It is an odd combination but I think it works. Used the backing pulled to the front to bind (learned that in the class) and it went SOOOO fast. Also used a serpentine stitch from my machine to do the quilting.

Now I need to get off this board and pick another UFO to tackle.
Attached Thumbnails img_0824.jpg