View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 01:56 PM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
I was delighted to receive these buttons that I will definitely use! "Made by Kit" I'm very bad about making labels so these will be fun!

Good idea - This large family used to make each other crafty presents, but now they make a grab bag each. For instance next year I will make a bunch of Mug Rugs, put them in a bag and every body can pick their own color choice, etc. Another person will make something else! Sounds like a lot of no-pressure fun!
Here's my thought about a grab bag. A friend of mine has a large family and was thinking of making pot holders and then just putting them all onto the table and letting everyone choose. I said "No, no no! Just think the value you place on a gift wrapped in tissue with nice paper, vs one just tossed on a table for everyone to root around and choose what they want. Even the very same potholder will be more highly valued if you wrap it and say' I made this just for you' , rather than 'I hope you can use what others don't pick'" I'm glad the grab bag works for you, but I'm just saying!