Old 12-31-2013, 04:34 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I don't consider creating quilts a 'race' to see how many I can get done - but I do tend to manage a lot of quilts in a year. it does depend on lots of things- the quilt, the pattern, the fabrics, the person/organization it is being made for- lots of variables involved. I have quilts that I consider - fun- love the pattern, love the fabrics, happily sewing- everything going well I can spend a weekend in my sewing room & get it done. I also have quilts that I have been working on for over a year (and still working on) I work on many projects at a time so always have them in various stages of completion- and everyone & then I will have 4 or 5 suddenly come together it seems like all at once. that's kind of an exciting day (often Saturday) when I can come out of the sewing room & show hubby 5 finished tops at once . sometimes I do have deadlines or requests for a 'hurry up' job- but I generally just work along at my own pace. when I start a new 'big project' that I know will take months/years like one with a lot of hand work, detail I also work on ones that can go together faster- for some reason it helps keep me going on the big one to show i'm accomplishing something with the easier ones. as for 'numbers' I make anywhere between 40 & 100 quilts a year- depends on the year- I've had a few 'slow' years (worked a lot- didn't have time to sew a lot) where I only made 25-30...then I've had years where I managed my time better- or had a job/projects I could work on during breaks/down time at work - and I've made many more. I don't worry about the numbers I only worry about my next project when I finish one.