View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Rose L

I realize this is an old thread but in case someone else is researching mid arm machines, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth. I've had a Bailey 17 for five years now. I have mine on a frame and have purchased a second used one to put in a desk for smaller projects. It does everything I need it to do and it's trouble free. In other words set it (tension and stitch regulator) and forget it. The Yahoo group is a must if you want to learn everything you can about the machines they sell. The components are mfg. in the USA and the Baileys are a family business. They assemble each machine themselves as they are ordered. They also sell the full line of Janome machines. They are busy and they will call you back as soon as they can. They also answer emails. I had a problem with mine when I first got it that we could not resolve over the phone. They sent me a brand new machine and paid all the postage both ways. They are great people and it's a great machine. The height of the arm will accommodate a king sized quilt with room left over so don't worry about the 8 inch head space.