Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Bneighbor

I will try to keep my new rules. My best friend and I both find it overwhelming to do some tasks (like cleaning my sewing room and even the house). So she and I decided to do jobs in 15 minute increments. Instead of walking into a room that can take hours, and becoming overwhelmed, I set a timer for 15 minutes and go to it. I actually started this last week, and I will say, I got much more done that I thought I would. I spent 15 minutes in the kitchen, alarm went off, and I worked in the downstairs bathroom. Again, when the alarm went off, I went to the sewing room. I was not overwhelmed, I actually made it a game to see what I COULD accomplish in 15 minutes. I finished the laundry, got the living room straightened, 2 bathrooms cleaned, the kitchen floor was not done, but the kitchen counters and pantry were straightened up, and started purging my clothes closet (donation time). I will finish some more tomorrow and then start on the sewing room. (I was not feeling well for for the last few days so my plan had to be put on hold) I am excited to start the new year with fresh ideas. Happy New Year to all.