View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Rebecca Chambley

Norah
My first quilt I remeber so well. It was 30 yrs ago. In 1977. I made it FOR MY BABY SON AT THE TIME, WHO IS NOW 30. It was a very plain 10" block, using different colors, with alternating 10" sqs of Bible scripture, embroidered on them, by hand. It was a twin size. He carried that quilt every where he went, would not go to sleep with out it. Thus he got the pet name of Linus. He carried that thing untill it was a rag. I promise that is the truth. That quilt was loved to death by him. That was the start for me and him. I had to make quilts for him ever since. He stopped caring his blankets around at the age of 6. But I have to still to this day, keep him in quilts. The latest I made him was last year. My own design, and I appliqued moon and starts on the back side of the quilt, with a Bible scripture. I told him when I gave it to him, that he would alway be covered by the moon and stars, and the Lords word for direction. He really surprised me, He won't use it, but proudly displays it at the foot of his bed. He said it was his all time favorite. I think he likes the quilt, And then states he needs another that he can use every day.