View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 05:56 AM
suziehammond

Default January 2014 ------------- The New Year!!!

Would love to see your WIPs! What are you guys up to?

Here is one I just presented to a commissioned client. (I am so glad to see the back side of this one.Worked on it since Sept.) Doesn't look very tidy in the photo but it did get blocked and hangs straight and flat. The client was bowled over. They are musicians and wanted it over the sofa in their new house in bright colors. Quilting is all sorts of musical symbology. So all was well there.

I have had some interesting experiences these last few weeks as I am sure you all have. Holidays, party making and interacting with lots of people tends to do that. For me it has meant being invited into several new circles of people. Consequently I have been invited to be a part of 3 international art shows this year. This has me madly considering and making new works of course. My creative juices are in overdrive right now as you can imagine.

For this reason I am going to have to relinquish being at the helm of this project. We certainly get a lot of lookers here and I think this is such a valuable place for people to come and discuss and be a part of the 'artsy' end of quilting.

Anybody want to step up and steer this boat? Perhaps several people? All that is needed is a topic and some input. I am going to be checking in and showing off work as I go along but the tyranny of a deadline and topics is something that won't figure into this year's work flow for me. The topics we've had the last while have made me stretch and explore new territory and techniques and I sure hope it continues!

The best to all of you in this new year and thanks especially to my good friends made on this board..............
Attached Thumbnails form-music-final.jpg