View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Pimperella

Originally Posted by GrammaNan View Post
It sounds as though you have built a wonderful life in spite of the barriers that were placed before you. I think we all face our own challenges, I know I have, but my family loves me and that is all that matters, right? Welcome from Colorado USA.
I like to think my kids are happy. They say they are as I always feel I am in some way holding them back from being able to do certain things but we are quite close and we have always allowed them to have a voice within our household. We chat often and they always tell me that they love what they have in life and know that we try hard to make sure they have the right things in life. We have yet another fight very soon with getting our son into High School. He is ready for mainstream. He is far too clever to go to the special needs high school (which is a lovely school) but he wouldn't be able to do ANY GCSE's there and with that no A-Levels and No Uni. He wants to go into AstroPhysics or Astral Engineering. We have fought for him before on this and won. It just seems at times that we are always made to fight to get the right things for him in life but I will do so till my last breath. That's children for you tho. He has said he's not going to leave home. He wants to work and help look after me when his dad and me get old. Not sure yet whether that's a good thing yet lol

Lots of love in this home tho. I make sure I tell them on a daily basis that I love them both.