Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default I'm trying to upsize my Omigosh quilt pattern and can't get the measurements right??

I finished my first Omigosh quilt earlier in 2013. See here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t217824.html

I would like to now make this pattern in a larger format and am struggling with finding measurements that work. The key is that the tiny square blocks in the 4 patches must be the same size as the tiny squares in the tiny 9 patches but the measurements have to work such that the size of the 4 patch when put in a square in a square block has to be equal to the 9 patch block.

The measurements in the Omigosh pattern as it is written work perfectly. I have only found sorta close. If I cut the strips at 1.5 inches --the 9 patch would finish at 3 inches and the 4 patches would finish at 2 inches. Making the 2 inch (finished) 4 patch into a square in a square results in a bit excess background around the corners of the 4 patch (around 1/8 of an inch or a little less). Not a huge amount and I haven't finished up beyond making the 4 patch square in square block. A 1.5 inch (unfinished) strip measurement will result in a 9 inch finished shoo-fly block and large 9 patch block.

Just wondering if you have upsized this pattern and would be willing to share with me your measurements for your strips? Thanks.