View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:51 AM
craftker

Default two "new" machines in a month

The first one I bought was the Domestic. I named her Marguerite and my son added Needly Sewy. So her name is Marguerite Needly Sewy.

She was made in the 1880's or 1890's. I found her on Craig's list for $40 including the attachments, bobbins, and bobbin shuttle. I only had to buy needles (Boye #8).

The lady I bought the Domestic from asked me what I was going to do with it. I said I was going to sew with it. She thought I was nuts and asked why I wouldn't buy a real machine. So funny! She originally bought the machine from Craig's list with the intention of taking it apart to make a table. I'm so glad she didn't!

The second machine I bought for the base. I couldn't even see the entire machine in the picture. I paid $30. It turns out that the machine is a 1915 Singer 66. It was very very dirty but I cleaned it and think it will work just fine once my husband finishes fixing the table and I buy a couple of parts. It is missing the spool pin and bobbin winding tire. It came with 6 bobbins. I had to throw two away because they were so rusted.
Attached Thumbnails domestic-marguerite-needly-sewy.jpg   domestic-accessories.jpg   singer-66.jpg   singer-table.jpg