View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:37 AM
mariatherese

Thank you! Well, it's only one kiss per cookie.

We don't have the non-stick pans so baking paper is what I always use. But thanks anyway.

It amazes me how different our countries are when it comes to cooking. When I go into an american store I find it very difficult (and expensive) to find any non-processed groceries. Sweden is generally considered to be a rather expensive country, but I get a large container of full cream for about a dollar. A pound of butter is a couple of dollars and good meat locally produced is also comparably low priced. I had trouble even finding real butter in the american store. I was later told I choose the wrong chain... who knew?

As an engineer I've seen to much of the food industry to have anything processed. Expensive and important nutrients tends to be exchanged for cheaper stuff (mostly cheap carbs). How things are processed in the body is still measured in the same way as in the 1950's.

I really don't want you to take this the wrong way, but for me I don't do margarine at all. If it works for you - I'm glad. My blood works are excellent even though I eat a lot of cream and butter. It will not stay that way if I eat too many of these cookies though... but I believe that will be because the sugars. I'll just have one and then tempt everyone else with the rest.