View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM
mpspeedy2

I don't seem to fit in the same category as most of you. I made my first quilt at 20 and it was patchwork. I quickly learned that what I like best is the hand quilting. I have completed several queen sized white on white quilts. On several others I have used my embroidery machine to make the blocks. For charity quilts I usually make them of a whole cloth print and then use a decorative stitch to quilt them just enough to stay together and hold up in the wash. I am involved in our local Linus Project and usually make at least 20 children's quilts for them each month. Most of them are just childish print panels machine quilted with a decorative stitch and self bound. In the last couple of years I have begun making fleece throws or quilts by crocheting a decorative border around the piece of fleece. At this point half my Linus quilts are of the fleece. In the mean time the quilts I haven't given away are mostly displayed and used on my bed, a cedar chest, the sofa and a wing chair in the living room. I rotate the quilts to assure that they fade equally. My quilts are scattered about the house to provide something warm to cuddle with when watching TV or reading. In the mean time I probably have at least 100 yards of fabric waiting for me to use. I have a bad habit of constantly adding to my collection.