Old 01-02-2014, 04:57 PM
charlotte37830

This is the way I did my Sun Bonnet Sue baby quilt only I didn't use interfacing, I used a lightweight fabric. Then I blanket stitched around it to attach to the block. It wasn't stiff and it has held up well. My granddaughter is about to be 3 and she uses it all the time, winter and summer so it has been washed and dried in the dryer tons of times.

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I loved doing Sues the Eleanor Burns way (of Quilt In A Day). she uses light weight fusible interfacing. draw your Sue parts on the interfacing (non-glue side), lay the interfacing (glue side down) on top of the fabric, sew the lines. cut a slit in the interfacing if necessary to turn right side out. then finger press or use wooden or plastic to press edges of pieces. no iron yet. then lay the pieces onto your background, layering them as needed and press in place. the glue of the interfacing should be toward the bking fabric. then I did mine with blanket stitches. Love doing them this way, they have a bit of raised applique look.sorry I don't have better pics. these are now gone.