View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Sheilz

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Sheilz I have an embroidery only machine and separate sewing machine. While the embroidery machine is going I can go ahead and continue my sewing/quilting. The only time I stop sewing is to change the thread and/or to check that it is embroidering ok. I used to own a Babylock Ellure Plus which is a combo machine, sew/embroider and found myself using the embroidery portion more than the sewing and constantly switching out the foot for both. For me it was a hassle and I much prefer to have two separate machines. Also consider how much room you have for two machines. If you already own a sewing machine then check into some embroidery machines only. Size of hoop is also important. If you purchase a machine with a 4x4 hoop then you cannot have a design any larger. A 5x7 hoop gives you more room for small/medium size designs so you can have both. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are many here who can also help. Good luck!
Thank you that is really helpful. I do have a spare sewing machine which I'm in the process of selling so I think replacing it with an embroidery only would be acceptable lol!