View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:09 PM
LindaMRB

Default NOW ready for prime time!

I went searching and discovered I had posted the finished pieced top in December 2012 with a couple photos. I did not realize it had been a whole year!
I just finished the hand quilting a couple days after Christmas and gave it to my daughter who immediately posted it on her facebook page.
The pattern is from a book (Clever Quarters by Susan Teegarden Dissmore) and was originally supposed to be much smaller. Since my star points were not lining up as well as I had hoped, and since my daughter really wanted a bigger quilt, I added 2 inches between each square. The backer is only barely visible at the foot of the bed. The binding is a brown dot on buttery-yellow that is also in the body of the quilt. The quilting is leaves of all sorts and included the logo from the Conserve School where she went for a semester junior year of high school. A week ago I found more of the backer fabric (at half price) and am working on a pillow sham to go with the quilt.

Thanks for looking and reading!

PS I should mention that it has not been washed so my markings make the quilting a bit blurry. I have since discovered old pieces of soap for marking and they work great (and don't show!).
Attached Thumbnails img_4192.jpg   img_4193.jpg   img_4195.jpg  

Last edited by LindaMRB; 01-03-2014 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added PS