View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Elisabrat

I am making a black/grey/white block for my partner hopefully today. I have not done one of these before so its a cool little challenge for me. Today is a balmy 19 and it should warm up to 30 so not a bad day at all for Wyoming. This is my first winter here and its a totally different experience than living in the Sierra's in CA. We had snow but it would melt within a week, then 3 weeks later another snow.. it came straight down, no wind. I find here its freezing all the time the wind hits your face and oh heck its cold and the snow becomes ice when it settles and is like perma ice lol on the lawn and driveway. skating anyone? AND no snowmen here. We used to say in the mountains you could always tell the tourists.. they built snowmen in front of their cabin rentals. locals shoveled it and no they didn't build snowmen .. playing in snow? I think perhaps I would prefer to pour hot water on it and melt it away. bah humbug to snowmen unless they are ornies for my tree. lol.. what a winter Grinch right?