View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM
DustysMomma

I have so much I want/need to do this year. As I'm typing this, I'm sitting in the Salt Lake City airport, on the way to the Rose Bowl, where Auburn is playing Florida State for the national championship on Monday. This trip is a stretch for me, and I hope it doesn't slow me back down. I've felt better the last week or so, and done a little sewing, but I'm an accountant, and with me going on this trip, I've worked 11 hours ea of the last 2 days. We drove the 100 mi to Atlanta last night dealing with restless legs & anxiety attacks. I loaded up on "stinky pills" and crashed as soon as we got to the hotel, then loaded up on them again & slept most of the flight here.

The man woke me and told me to look out the window just in time to see the mountains. I almost cried. My first thought was how can anyone see this and question the existence of God?

So, now that my meds have started to actually help, what's on tap for this year? I have a throw quilt to make my best friend. I'd like to make the quilt I designed with my dad's military history for my brother, but I think I've about decided to make it a wall hanging instead of a full quilt so it can be hung instead of them feeling awkward about using it or thinking it has to be out away. I'd also like to make the king quilt for our bed, which I bought marble fabric for but still can't decide on a pattern. This will be the biggest I've ever made, so it also makes me nervous. And, of course I have a runner swap to finish. I plan to start early on gifts for the man's staff for next Christmas as well.

His mom's 70th birthday is in July, and I'm debating making something for her as well. I was playing around with a site that turns photos into cross stitch, and put in a beautiful photo I have of the (only) little church in the town where he grew up. I think I could convert that to a postage stamp quilt easily enough, but I'd definitely need a design wall, which I don't have room for. His dad and older brother are both buried there, and that's the church where his confirmation was held, so I know it would be special to her. I'd have to collect enough blue and gray fabrics to work it out first. If I remember right, the cross stitch pattern called for about 40 different colors of thread.