View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 01:42 PM
cathyvv

I've had 4 different models of Brother machines. One broke when it was dropped while we were travelling. It was 6 years old and had gone through a lot of rough handling by me and a couple of 'grands'. I was sorry to see it broken. Replaced it with another Brother se-350 which has an embroidery attachment. Haven't used the attachment, but am very satisfied with it. Then I purchased a Brother sewing/quilting machine with a slightly larger throat - love them both and use them both, but in different rooms. I also have a very low end Brother mechanical that works like a champ. In fact, I've been using it over the holidays while we visit in NJ; it does what I want to do and gives no problems.

All my Brother machines are low end, but work so well that I can't ask for more. I also LOVE their User guides, as they are very thorough. I used to be in IT and wrote user guides, so I know a good user guide when I see one.

I guess you figured out that I would recommend a Brother machine to you. Which model to choose must be your decision based on how much versatility you want in your new sewing machine.

Good luck!