Thread: 2" Squares
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 03:33 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im a huge fan of the Go- if i had the unlimited funds and space id invest in an Accuquilt studio.. However I have neither. i asked for a Go when they first came out - its been 5-6 yrs already and I still love it.. for years id ask for dies for every holiday, my birthday mothers day valentines day any day that i could get a 'gift'... and i have All the ones i want..

My go doesn't sit out... its gets pulled out when my tubs to be cut are full... then i plan a date with my go and cut away... I keep every scrap from as small as 1.5HST and use my go to cut out whatever die shape he scrap will fit.. I only cut odd sizes and strips with my rotary cutter but if a GO die size is available thats what i use... BUT i dont cut my fabric to a pattern in mind, i cut up to tame my scraps and when i just want to sew, i pull out a sterilte drawer thats over flowing with my GO pre-cuts and sew away- scrappy style.. I for one am grateful for the investment that was made for my Go... Buts its not for everyone, but had i not had a GO i dont think i would be a scrap hoarder as I am today.. Cutting up the scraps manually would be a major pain for me.. And these 2x2 quilts posted would of never have been attempted..