View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Pimperella

Sadly, I don't have a set sewing room. I use the Livingroom when kids have gone to bed or they are upstairs in their rooms watching tv or gaming lol. My Frontroom has kinda become fabric/furniture/few boxes of books storage but I am slowly working my way through sorting 30 plus binbags of Furnishing/Curtain fabrics to decide what I am keeping and what I am donating to my daughter's school for the Textile Department. (That's not even including my dressmaking, costume making fabrics or my Cotton Fabric collection (I like to buy at least 6 metres of a fabric that or a whole roll or bolt.) Then my notions. They are gonna take some serious shelving and boxes to sort it all out fully lol. I must have 10 kilo at least of Vintage Buttons.

I look at thos fancy sewing rooms on Pintrest tho and think that they just don't have anywhere near as much fabric storage and tho they do look good they are never for people who like to have a lot of 'stash'
I'm working towards it tho. Once we get certain other rooms sorted and things moved around and lots and lots of built in bookcases, then I can look at fully sorting the Frontroom as a Reading/Craft Room. Even then I'll still end up in the livingroom at night while hubby and kids are asleep. That way I can sit on the sofa with my machine in front of me while watching tv and arms reach of the pc