View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:54 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
LOL I think I like to see an honest to gosh beater rather than one somebody tried to work on...
Well, I hope you are getting useful help on here so you have success in your repairing. Some people on QB put in a lot of time trying to prevent disasters. I have a Singer 401 still on the back of the bench - it came with a box full of pieces someone pulled off the machine. There was dried grease everywhere. My little DGD and I carefully removed it. Nothing turned - she helped me clean dried up varnish and re-oil. I got it all together and it sews but the tension will not adjust. I've replaced the tension with a different tension. No change. I replaced the bobbin case. No change. I'm thinking maybe the little spring clip that holds the tension is next. At least take it out and put it back. No easy task. Getting the spring screw back will be a PITB. I just hope I figure something out.... fixing a machine can be frustrating if you let it. It can be rewarding if you are patient. It is all a learning experience.

I shouldn't have said beater... NOT around HERE