View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 07:16 AM
nanac

I have sooo many projects that I would like to get done. I don't have a problem finishing, for me it is choosing which one comes next.
I have 15 grandkids, who all want quilts (each of my kids already have at least one that I have made), so I have 12 more of those to do. Then I have my annual reunion quilt to do, my brother-in-law will be retiring soon so his will be moved up on the list, and then I usually have "special requests" that seem to pop up everywhere. I quilt because I enjoy it; I hand piece pretty much everything, because that is soothing to me. Although I only work 3-4 days a week, my job often requires me to travel/work for 16-18 hours a day, so finding time to do my quilting isn't always easy. When I do my quilting, I do not want to feel the pressure of "gotta hurry, gotta get it done, got another one to do". They get done when they get done, and I can take my time to enjoy each stitch.
Although I can certainly understand your desire to Finish It Up, I do not want to force myself to rush to get it done, so I won't be joining. But, I will support you in your efforts, though