View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Elisabrat

wow turn my back for an evening and look at all these centers! they are gorgeous!!! plain? not at all especially if you do a more colored next round it will be just fine. Yes putting things on point makes for a larger quilt but if you don't mind a regular sized quilt then its worth the extra work.. what is a few blocks amongst friends? lol.. I have large round robin to work on this month and I am the last round so its a whole lot of work. It also was put on point early on and looks stunning however.. oh boy think there will be a whole lot of blocks going into my round!

As you can see its truly not "that" hard to make a medallion type quilt. It is a bit more work invested in it but boy once you finish one you will have trouble I think finishing any quilt again with just a .. strip border. Its like anticlimactic! lol in my humble (ha laugh now ok humble is probably not me) opinion. And each time we add a border it changes up the game or ups the game a bit. You want to be better than the last round!
kookaburra oh so cute, that border on the Asian center is grand it looks like kimono's, the peach blue dot one will be awefully fun to see how it expands and oh so many more. You are making this so fun, its like a candy store to me!