View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 AM
tlambing

Had a fantastic little getaway with the Hubby. Boy, that was a nice way to end the holidays. The B&B was very nice, and far enough from the hustle and bustle. The breakfasts were 5 star. Took 2 different drives through wine country, one on the way and another on the way home. The weather was so beautiful. Almost too warm. Very strange for this time of year. Almost 70 and sunny both days. I'm starting to worry about our drought conditions. Visited Lake Sonoma that looked about 1/3 full, and Lake Barriyessa that was so low I almost couldn't see water.
We did go to quite a few antique stores on our trip and I found a great quilting room accessory. It's a very cool display shelf about 5 ft long with a great top shelf for displaying, a middle group of about 6 cubby spots and a dowel hanging rod at the bottom. I could see antique spools and pretties on the top, fat quarters filling those cubbys and several quilts layered on that rod and just "had to have it". Only sticking point is that it's a soft pink and in need of a new paint job. DH said no problem and I expect it to be white within the next couple of weeks

Now I'm back to business on my RR. TRF I should have yours done this week. And Jan yours close behind. So sorry to have them piled up here. I bought a really cool book of borders and ideas that I'm really happy with. Hope to use a couple of the ideas on your quilts.

Last edited by tlambing; 01-06-2014 at 07:28 AM.