View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Wildernessties

KimmerB, there is a special section of the QB forum to give things away. I'm sure many people would love one, including me :-) I think you could ask for the recipient to pay the shipping cost though since you are giving them the book.

I have done a couple pay it forward on QB in response to requests posted. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that neither recipient wrote to thank me after receiving my package. I did contact the first person to ask if she got it and she wrote back at that point to say "yes" and "thanks." I decided not to bother asking the second person. It just seems to me if someone you don't even know (or even if you do know them) takes the time to look for what you want, package it up and ship it to you at no charge to you, a person should at least say "thank you." Or am I missing something?? I actually feel the same way about gifts. I have sent a wedding gift or graduation gift to several relatives and never heard anything! I always used to make my kids write thank you notes as soon as they knew how to write but that was a long time ago and I think things have changed.