Old 01-06-2014, 03:04 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Oh it was noisy here today. All kids were here as no school today. Brrr cold outside DH, DS, and DDIL worked until after 3:00 with morning chores, but no major problems, thank God. A heifer calf born today out of Defiant--name suggestions include D-cold, D-Icy, D-iceher. Other names in her family tree include Defrost and Deheat. So glad we live in a small valley as the wind doesn't affect us as much. Down side is that it's usually colder in the valley by the river.

Never got into crockpot cooking. I was always close enough to the kitchen at meal times, but did a lot of oven baked meals so I'm not a very good source of recipes, Anael. Do enjoy it. My college yo nephew uses his small one all the time and is tickled when he comes back from class and has a hot meal waiting for him. I know I'm late, but I'd piece the back too. Cute cute quilt for Isa!

How exciting for you QE. Sure beats my thrift store irons I buy for a few $ and toss when they are done. I don't use steam but have a nice water spray bottle handy for moisture.

Every one stay warm or cool. Took out some suet cakes for the birds and boy sundogs were as bright as the sun. Now to try to get something done today. Kids sure change my plans for the day, but I hope they always remember being at Gram's.

FYI have used Mozilla Foxfire for quite over a year and haven't had a pop up since.