Old 01-06-2014, 03:52 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Yes, Oliso is the iron that I got!

CarrieM has it right ... you just let go of the handle and it puts its feet out, so it does not burn things. Now I have to re-train myself to not set it up on end. If you wish, you can turn the feet option off.

For you Ladies having shoulder problems, you might want to keep an eye on them. I had shoulder problems for awhile, so this is one of the reasons I chose O. Plus that the yellow one does not shut off for 30 minutes and has 1800 watts of power. Last night, it was really nice when I was coming and going from the machine as it was always ready. My old one ... not! Does this mean more productivity?

Anael ...
and thus why I pointed out the OOPS! Sorry to disappoint, but you do have to "operate" it!

Honchey ... get that blue iron out of its box and give it a work out to take away your disappointment about your tooth and departure.

OKSGlad ... Oh how I remember (and yes, even miss it!!!) winter on the farm and morning chores done at 3pm!! Yeaaaaaa just in time to start the night ones! It looks like you name your calves much like I did!!!! We had a lot of fun with them and often times it sure made it easier to remember their lineage! I've gone the thrift store route too for irons. My last one was from the garage sale after a neighbour died. I often remembered Wyn as I ironed. I seldom use steam, but am starting to think I might try again as that's another O advantage ... you use tap water! Might save on Best Press usage.

MiraB ... happy shopping! maybe you will be back in 3?