Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 PM
kay carlson

Default What have you done lately to add a pretty touch to your workroom?

My homemade big board is 24 inches by 48 inches and rests on top of my adjustable ironing board unit which is very sturdy. I decided to freshen up my work area with a new board cover and additional pressing sheet.

The cloth is white cotton duck. Luckily, I had purchased enough yardage for the removable cover and used the remaining fabric for an extra pressing surface. I must have been figuring the material was only 45 inches wide at point of purchase, but it actually measured 54 inches wide! My mistake turned out to be positive..... I even added some colorful double fold bias tape to the lengthwise edges of the pressing sheet.

Tomorrow I will quickly pick up the misc. fabric strewn on my cutting table and (ahh) various other flat surfaces. Then, I'll be able to see the functional pretty glass containers and baskets I use to decorate my workroom. A fresh and clean pressing surface will add some neatness and inspiration to a room I want to keep pleasant. Too much clutter drags my emotional spirits to the pits of despair. :-(

I hope you will enjoy playing (sewing) in your play room! I remain piecefully yours, Kay Susan