View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Elisabrat

Dot what a grand batik center too! and whipping up those outside blocks already shoot your fast! remember everyone have fun do as much as you want at a time, do as little as your able but do something! its easier once you start I think.

I wanted to mention to those who have points missing and such, boy welcome to my club. that is one of my biggest fears. I found when just making regular blocks I always have to cut larger and trim down to perfect blocks because I simply cant sew perfect blocks. I need a 3.5 in finished hst block? I see cut 3 7/8th? I cut 4 or 4.1/8th because even with my 1/4 inch foot.. I do not get a perfect size block. so trimming down is my solution to everything. I have close to zero formal quilt training, no sewing training other than sit at that machine and put your foot here.. and also I do not get things easily .. I have to do them, do them, then do them again.. so be patient with yourself and your skills. I think they do improve over time and if you asked each and every one of us we have trouble doing something when it comes to quilting.. be it color choice, seams, reading directions, there is no one perfect here. Phew.. so drop that worry off your shoulders and have FUN!