View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 PM
barnbum

It's the weekend and too windy and snowy to be outside playing with horses, so I got to sew!! :D :D

This sure took awhile. And I had to be very awake and focused to work on it or mistakes were too easy to make--which is why I didn't dare work on it through the week due to weariness after everything else was done. :wink:

I had to keep the seam ripper handy for several spots. The skinny border strips didn't fit, so I recut them and left them long and trimmed. I was worried about the outer borders, but they fit fine. Thank goodness. Not all the spots match up perfectly, but good enough!

If my daughter wants one for her dorm room next year, she gets the 2nd one, other wise it goes to a dear friend I've never met, but we're kindred spirits. (We meet this summer.)

The pictures show everything pretty good EXCEPT the outer border color--it's the richest blue green I've ever seen. It's a fabric by Blank Textiles and is so thick I often checked to see if I had two pieces. I love the stuff!!

The gray was a last minute decision and I'm so glad I added it. It makes the tree pop and tells a story of a vibrant fall tree on the brink of winter.... :D

Attached Thumbnails attachment-50580.jpe   attachment-50581.jpe   attachment-50952.jpe